Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Right in Style

Today saw significant melting of our second big snow storm of the winter.  We'd barely begun to dry out from the first one when this one arrived.  The ground is soggy and there is mud everywhere.  Tom has a pair of knee-high rubber boots that he wears when he goes out, but I didn't have anything that would remotely keep my feet dry if I were to try to walk out to the garden and herb bed.

So, on the way home from work today I decided to stop by Atwoods to see about getting a pair of rubber boots for myself.  Well, apparently the person who orders rubber boots for Atwoods thinks that only MEN wear them.  I looked through 2 shelves of knee-high rubber boots and the smallest pair I found was a men's size 8.  I need a women's size 6.5.  So, I went to plan B and started looking for anything that would keep the mud off my feet.  I ended up buying a pair of Tingley "Weather-Tuff Stretch Rubber Overshoes". 

I was somewhat skeptical as to whether these would really work until I tried them on.  Looks like they might.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment