Thursday, January 6, 2011

Seed Catalogs

It is only January 6th and we've already received all these seed catalogs!

Tom and I can both spend hours browsing through them, dreaming and planning what we are going to order and plant this spring.  They offer a welcome respite from the cold winter weather. 

We both make lists of what we want to order.  Then we have to consolidate our lists and try to narrow it down to just 2 or 3 seed companies.  Otherwise, we spend too much on shipping charges.

We will have to make our decisions in the next 3-4 weeks because we'll need to have our tomato and pepper seeds in hand by March 1 in order to start our tomato and pepper plants and have them ready to sell and/or set out by April 15.

This can be a difficult process, especially for me.  My eyes are always bigger than my green thumb, so to speak, and I usually have a hard time scaling back my grandious gardening plans to a level that I can successfully manage.  

Wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment