Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mowing Fun

When you have 5 acres of land, mowing can take up a lot of time, not to mention gasoline for the mower.   So, we have a riding mower to help with the task.



There are large areas of the yard that we only mow once or twice year.  These areas have some pretty wildflowers and native grasses.  But, alas, they get to looking pretty bad at times when the grasses have gone to seed and the wildflowers are past their prime.  So, today I broke down and mowed the area to the west of our house.

It usually takes a couple of hours to mow this area and it gets boring.  Here is a picture of what it looked like when I was about 2/3 finished.  


To make the chore more interesting, I decided to mow some geometric designs.


And from the other direction.


It was kind of fun and I developed a new respect for the aliens or whoever it is that makes the "crop circles"!  However, in the end I had to buckle down and finish the job.  So here is the yard after I finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment