Sunday, July 14, 2013

Baked Potato Supper

Tom has been digging our Yukon Gold potatoes this past week.


I'm so happy to have fresh potatoes again that I picked out a couple of the largest ones to bake for supper.


Quite often we have "loaded" baked potatoes as the main course for our meals.  I like to saute onions and bell peppers in olive oil to put on mine.  Sometimes I add sliced mushrooms.


After the potato is baked, I chop it up and drizzle on olive oil.  I have found that using olive oil, instead of butter, gives it a much lighter flavor and lets the taste of the other toppings shine through.


Next, I pile on the onions and peppers and throw on some chopped black olives and grated cheddar cheese.  If I have left-over bacon, I sometimes throw that on, too.  But, I like the vegetarian version just as well.


This makes a tasty and quick meal that is very filling and satisfying.  It is one of our favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment