Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Retirement and a Gator

I have officially retired.  Let me rephrase that:   I have officially retired from the paid workforce.   For most of my working life I was engaged with various aspects of computing.....programming, analysis, databases, etc.  But, finally, after 30 some years I called it quits, and for the last 2 months, I've slowly been settling into a different life style.

When I started seriously thinking about retiring a couple of years ago, I thought that I'd be more active in our farming venture when I retired.  But, it has become obvious to me over the last two years that I won't be able to do much heavy work.  I have some osteo-arthritis in various joints and just can't do much bending, squatting and lifting.  So, I've been looking for ways to make work easier and here is what I came up with.



That's right we are now the proud parents of a John Deere Gator.  It even has a cup holder!



It is very heavy duty and the bed can be used to haul a lot of stuff.



This picture was taken one day when I used it to haul a bunch of hoses to the garage and some fruit tree trimmings to the burn pile.  It was so nice not to have to drag the hoses all the way from the field to the garage.  

It even came in handy during the Thanksgiving holidays for entertaining visiting family members.



Yep!  I think we are going to get a lot of use from it, both work and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment