Friday, February 1, 2013

Pantyhose Plant Ties

Pantyhose appear to have gone the way of the dinosaur for the most part.  I've not seen anyone wearing them for a couple of years now since it became vogue to paint one's toenails and go bare-legged.  That is fine with me.  I never liked wearing them in the first place!  But I do have a few old pair that I have found an excellent use for.  Here's what you do.  Take a pair of pantyhose and cut the legs off of them.


Next, cut the leg into thin bands like this.


I've found many uses for these.  But, one of the best uses is as ties to hold up house plants, tomato plants, pepper plants or whatever you need to tie to a stake.


This is a picture of a tomato plant I had in a pot this summer that I moved into our little greenhouse last fall.  The nylon in the pantyhose is very strong and will last a long time.  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'll definitely be using this one. We have been using large twist-ties that seems to damage the plants and are a pain to un-twist at the end of the season. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete