Monday, April 1, 2013

Toilet Paper Roll Plant Pots

A friend of mine at work told me about an idea she ran across on how to use empty toilet paper roll tubes in the place of peat pots.  It sounded like such a good idea, I had to try it.  So, this is what I did.

First, I saved empty toilet paper roles, like this one, until I had enough for the project.



Next, I cut them in half.



I retrieved a plastic pan I had saved from a pound of hamburger (making sure to wash it good first) and placed as many of the halved toilet paper rolls in it as I could squeeze in.



Then I filled the tubes with planting soil and watered them well.



Finally, I transplanted some tomato seedlings into each one and put them on a shelf under the grow lights.



You could just as well plant seeds in each one.  I just had a bunch of tomato seedlings that needed transplanting, so I used those.

No comments:

Post a Comment