Saturday, December 8, 2012

Winter Bouquet

Tom surprised me yesterday with a bouquet of flowers.  Here they are.


He picked these flowers from the garden.  So what kind of plant flowers in December??!!  Well, if you look at the following blog entry that I wrote about this time last year, you will see.


Right!  These are mustard flowers.  However, they are not the "Mighty Mustard" that I wrote about then, but a type of mustard green that is suitable for cooking and eating.

To be honest, I have not cooked any mustard greens this year.  I got hooked on Collard greens a few weeks ago and have been cooking those every chance I get.  We have sold a few bunches of mustard greens at the farmers' market this fall, but they are not hugely popular.  However, I've become convinced that they are worth planting just to have fresh flowers this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment