Monday, December 24, 2012

Rabbit Hole

We have  a French drain across the driveway into our shop building.  It terminates a foot or so from the fence.  Several times this fall I noticed some critter had piled up dirt in front of the opening to the drain.   Each time, I got the shovel and cleared away the dirt so the drain wouldn't backup should it rain.  

We have gophers and I suspected they were the culprits.  I've heard that traps rarely work and I refuse to use poison.  So, we've just tolerated them and try to get along with them.

One day, I noticed the dirt piled up in front of the drain and went to get the shovel.  However, I got distracted and forgot about it.  The next day I noticed the dirt had all been cleared away.  I figured Tom had done it and later told him I appreciated his taking the initiative to clean out the drain.  He looked at me rather strangely and said he had not cleaned it out!

Okay, so I had to know what was going on out there and set up the wildlife camera to record the activities around the drain opening.  Here's what it revealed.


It appears our friendly neighborhood rabbit did not appreciate the gophers piling dirt in his front door either.

No comments:

Post a Comment