Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sad News

My sage plant died.  Not sure what happened unless it drowned.  We've had so much rain this spring.  It looked so good earlier in the spring.  In fact, on May 23, I posted this picture:



Now it looks like this!

This is an example of one of the frustrations that goes along with gardening . . . . plants die.   And, we just have to move on and try again.  In fact, that is one of the things I like about gardening . . . . you can always try again.   It kinda reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara in Gone with the Wind when she says "Tomorrow is another day!"

Okay, I guess that is a bit melodramatic.  But, gardening really is a "work in progress" and if you don't like something you tried this year, then you can always do it different next year.  You have successes and failures.  It's all part of the process.

Another aspect of gardening is there is always SOMETHING that needs doing.  So, you have to learn to pace yourself.  When we moved out here to the farm last year, I was used to tending my little backyard garden.  So, needless to say, I was overwhelmed when we suddenly had 5 acres to take care of. 

I would work outside until I was exhausted and never seemed to have time to just sit and enjoy the peace and quiet.  Since then, I'm glad to report that I've learned all those chores will still be there tomorrow and I can take time to sit and drink a glass of tea on the patio while watching the hummingbirds at the feeder.  Tomorrow is another day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment