Thursday, April 29, 2010

Weapon

The last time I told you about the battle I was having with Johnson Grass.  What I failed to tell you about is my secret weapon.  I'm not sure what this thing is called and can't even remember where I got it.  But, I'm sure it looked like something that might come in handy sometime.  I can't remember ever using it before and had decided some time ago that I had wasted my money buying it.  But I have now decided it is a great weapon in my war against the Johnson grass that has invaded our hoop house.  Here's a picture of it:

Doesn't it look lethal!  Johnson grass grows in the same way that Bermuda grass does in that it sets down roots and forms a central clump.  Then it sends out runners from there (see previous post).  This is handy for hacking down under the central clump to get under it and then using its curvature as leverage to help pull the clump loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment