Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Italian Seasoning Mixture

Last summer I was overrun with tomatoes and ended up freezing a bunch of them.  I also made Spaghetti Sauce with some of them in which I used basil and oregano that I grew in my herb garden and dried myself.  Here is a blog entry I wrote about that.


Recently, I found a recipe for "Italian Seasoning" that works nicely in the Spaghetti Sauce above.  It is very simple.  Just mix the ingredients together and store in an air-tight container.  I use old spice jars that I have saved.

Italian Seasoning  

2 tsp dried Basil
2 tsp dried Oregano
2 tsp dried Marjoram
1 tsp dried Sage

All of the herbs used in the recipe are easy to grow and you can dry them easily by simply laying them on paper towels on your kitchen counter for a few days.





No comments:

Post a Comment