Friday, April 21, 2017

Repotting Aloe

A few weeks ago, I wrote about the aloe vera farm we visited on our trip to south Texas:  
Aloe Vera Farm Tour.  I came back from that trip and decided it was time to attack one of my pots of aloe that was terribly overgrown.  It needed repotting badly.


First, I dumped it out of the pot.


It looked pretty grim after I finished tearing the root ball apart and separating all the baby aloe plants.


There were eight little plants of various sizes.


I potted them up in small plastic pots.  


It will take a few weeks for them to get rooted in their new homes. 


As for the old mother plant, I may try planting it outside, like the ones at the aloe farm we visited.  Maybe it will even bloom, like the ones at the aloe farm.  It should be fine until this fall, then it will have to be dug up and brought in for the winter and the circle of life will start all over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment